What is this drug used for?
– It is used to ease pain.
– It is used to treat some types of arthritis.
– It is used to ease painful period (menstrual) cycles.
– It is used to treat migraine headaches.
– It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
– Abdominal pain
– Passing gas
– Common cold symptoms
– Injection site pain
– Sweating a lot
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
– Severe cerebrovascular disease like change in strength on one side is greater than the other, difficulty speaking or thinking, change in balance, or vision changes.
– Abdominal ulcers like severe abdominal or back pain; black, tarry, or bloody stools; vomiting blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds; or weight gain or abnormal swelling.
– High potassium like abnormal heartbeat, confusion, dizziness, passing out, weakness, shortness of breath, or numbness or tingling feeling.
– Bleeding like vomiting blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds; coughing up blood; blood in the urine; black, red, or tarry stools; bleeding from the gums; abnormal vaginal bleeding; bruises without a reason or that get bigger; or any severe or persistent bleeding.
– Kidney problems like unable to pass urine, blood in the urine, change in amount of urine passed, or weight gain.
– Shortness of breath
– Severe dizziness
– Passing out
– Excessive weight gain
– Swelling of arm or leg
– Chest pain
– Fast heartbeat
– Severe headache
– Vision changes
– Severe loss of strength and energy
– Painful urination
– Blood in the urine
– Liver problems like dark urine, fatigue, lack of appetite, nausea, abdominal pain, light-colored stools, vomiting, or yellow skin.
– Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis like red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin (with or without fever); red or irritated eyes; or sores in mouth, throat, nose, or eyes.
– Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Note:?This is not a comprehensive list of all side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have questions.
Medication Safety Issues
Diclofenac may be confused with Diflucan
Cataflam may be confused with Catapres
Voltaren may be confused with traMADol, Ultram, Verelan
Dyloject (diclofenac injection) has been discontinued in the US for more than 1 year.
Storage and Stability
Capsule, tablet: Store at 20?C to 25?C (68?F to 77?F); excursions permitted to 15?C to 30?C (59?F to 86?F). Protect from moisture.
Injection: Store at 20?C to 25?C (68?F to 77?F). Do not freeze. Protect from light.
Powder for oral solution: Store at 25?C (77?F); excursions permitted to 15?C to 30?C (59?F to 86?F).
Suppository [Canadian product]: Store at 15?C to 30?C (59?F to 86?F); protect from heat.
Cardiovascular: Cerebrovascular accident, edema, hypertension, myocardial infarction, significant cardiovascular event
Central nervous system: Dizziness, headache
Dermatologic: Exfoliative dermatitis, pruritus, skin rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis
Endocrine & metabolic: Fluid retention
Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dyspepsia, esophageal perforation, flatulence, gastrointestinal ulcer (including gastric/duodenal), heartburn, intestinal perforation, nausea, vomiting
Hematologic & oncologic: Anemia, hemorrhage, prolonged bleeding time
Hepatic: Increased liver enzymes, increased serum ALT, increased serum AST, increased serum transaminases
Hypersensitivity: Anaphylactoid reaction
Local: Extravasation, infusion site reaction
Renal: Renal insufficiency
Miscellaneous: Gastrointestinal inflammation, wound healing impairment
Rare but important or life-threatening: Abnormal Dreams, agranulocytosis, alopecia, anaphylaxis, angioedema, anxiety, aplastic anemia, asthma, auditory impairment, blurred vision, cardiac arrhythmia, cardiac failure, change in appetite, colitis, coma, confusion, conjunctivitis, convulsions, cystitis, depression, diaphoresis, drowsiness, dyspnea, dysuria, ecchymoses, eosinophilia, eructation, erythema multiforme, esophagitis, exfoliative dermatitis, fever, fulminant hepatitis, gastritis, gastrointestinal hemorrhage, glossitis, hallucination, hematemesis, hematuria, hemolytic anemia, hepatic failure, hepatic necrosis, hepatitis, hepatotoxicity, hyperglycemia, hypertension, hypotension, infection, insomnia, interstitial nephritis, jaundice, leukopenia, lymphadenopathy, malaise, melena, meningitis, nervousness, oliguria, palpitations, pancreatitis, pancytopenia, paresthesia, pneumonia, polyuria, proteinuria, purpura, rectal hemorrhage, renal failure, respiratory depression, sepsis, skin photosensitivity, stomatitis, syncope, tachycardia, thrombocytopenia, toxic epidermal necrolysis, tremor, urticaria, vasculitis, vertigo, weakness, weight changes
There are no reviews yet.