Dutasteride and Tamsulosin Information
What is this drug used for?
– In men, it is used to treat the signs of an enlarged prostate.
– It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
Possible side effects
Dutasteride and Tamsulosin may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
– Runny nose.
– This drug may cause a change in sex ability in men or lowered interest in sex. This could go on after you stop this drug. Talk with your doctor if these effects go on or bother you.
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately or get emergency medical treatment:
– Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
– Dizziness or passing out.
– A lump in the breast, breast pain or soreness, or nipple discharge.
– Enlarged breasts.
– Breast pain.
– Low mood (depression).
– Call your doctor right away if you have a painful erection (hard penis) or an erection that lasts for longer than 4 hours. This may happen even when you are not having sex. If this is not treated right away, it may lead to lasting sex problems and you may not be able to have sex.
Storage and Stability
Store at 25?C (77?F); excursions permitted to 15?C to 30?C (59?F to 86?F).
Frequencies reported for when products used in combination. Also see individual agents.
1% to 10%:
Central nervous system: Dizziness (2%)
Endocrine & metabolic: Decreased libido (5% to 6%), breast changes (3% to 5%, including breast hypertrophy, breast swelling, breast tenderness, gynecomastia, mastalgia, nipple pain, nipple swelling)
Genitourinary: Ejaculatory disorder (10% to 11%), impotence (8% to 10%)
<1%, postmarketing, and/or case reports: Malignant neoplasm of prostate (high-grade)
There are no reviews yet.