What is this drug used for?
– It is used to treat HIV infection.
– It is used to treat hepatitis B infection.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
– Abdominal pain
– Trouble sleeping
– Loss of strength and energy
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
– Liver problems like dark urine, fatigue, lack of appetite, nausea, abdominal pain, light-colored stools, vomiting, or yellow skin.
– Kidney problems like unable to pass urine, blood in the urine, change in amount of urine passed, or weight gain.
– Lactic acidosis like fast breathing, fast heartbeat, abnormal heartbeat, vomiting, fatigue, shortness of breath, severe loss of strength and energy, severe dizziness, feeling cold, or muscle pain or cramps.
– Bone pain
– Muscle pain
– Muscle weakness
– Painful extremities
– Burning or numbness feeling
– Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Note:?This is not a comprehensive list of all side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have questions.
Medication Safety Issues
High alert medication:
This medication is in a class the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) includes among its list of drug classes that have a heightened risk of causing significant patient harm when used in error.
Storage and Stability
Store at 25?C (77?F); excursions are permitted between 15?C and 30?C (59?F and 86?F). Dispense only in original container.
Includes data from both treatment-naive and treatment-experienced HIV patients and in chronic hepatitis B.
Cardiovascular: Chest pain
Central nervous system: Anxiety, depression, dizziness, fatigue, headache, insomnia, pain, peripheral neuropathy
Dermatologic: Diaphoresis, pruritus, skin rash (includes maculopapular, pustular, or vesiculobullous rash; pruritus; or urticaria)
Endocrine & metabolic: Glycosuria, hypercholesterolemia, hyperglycemia, increased serum triglycerides, lipodystrophy, weight loss
Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, anorexia, diarrhea, dyspepsia, flatulence, increased serum amylase, nausea, vomiting
Hematologic & oncologic: Neutropenia
Hepatic: Increased serum alkaline phosphatase, increased serum ALT, increased serum AST, increased serum transaminases
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Arthralgia, back pain, decreased bone mineral density, increased creatine phosphokinase, myalgia, weakness
Renal: Increased serum creatinine, renal failure
Respiratory: Nasopharyngitis, pneumonia, sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection
Rare but important or life-threatening: Angioedema, exacerbation of hepatitis B (following discontinuation), Fanconi?s syndrome, hepatitis, hypersensitivity reaction, hypokalemia, hypophosphatemia, immune reconstitution syndrome, increased gamma-glutamyl transferase, interstitial nephritis, lactic acidosis, myopathy, nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, nephrotoxicity, osteomalacia, pancreatitis, polyuria, proteinuria, proximal tubular nephropathy, renal insufficiency, renal tubular necrosis, rhabdomyolysis, severe hepatomegaly with steatosis
There are no reviews yet.