soo ma TRIP tan
What is this drug used for?
– It is used to treat migraine headaches.
– It is used to treat cluster headaches.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
– Feeling of warmth
– Loss of strength and energy
– Change in taste
– Burning in nose
– Stuffy nose
– Sore throat
– Runny nose
– Injection site irritation
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
– Severe cerebrovascular disease like change in strength on one side is greater than the other, trouble speaking or thinking, change in balance, or vision changes.
– Heart attack like chest pain; pain in arms, back, neck, jaw, or abdomen; shortness of breath; cold sweats; severe dizziness; passing out; or severe nausea or vomiting.
– Abnormal heartbeat
– Fast heartbeat
– Severe headache
– Severe dizziness
– Passing out
– Vision changes
– Burning or numbness feeling
– Blue/gray skin discoloration
– Severe nausea
– Severe abdominal pain
– Bloody diarrhea
– Weight loss
– Leg cramps or pain
– Sensation of cold
– Feeling of heaviness in legs
– Burning or aching of feet
– Serotonin syndrome like dizziness, severe headache, agitation, sensing things that seem real but are not, fast heartbeat, abnormal heartbeat, flushing, tremors, sweating a lot, change in balance, severe nausea, or severe diarrhea.
– Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Medication Safety Issues
SUMAtriptan may be confused with SAXagliptin, SITagliptin, somatropin, ZOLMitriptan
Storage and Stability
Imitrex: Store at 2?C to 30?C (36?F to 86?F). Protect from light.
Sumavel DosePro, Zembrace: Store at 20?C to 25?C (68?F to 77?F); excursions are permitted between 15?C and 30?C (59?F and 86?F); do not freeze (Sumavel DosePro). Protect from light.
Powder: Store at 20?C to 25?C (68?F to 77?F); excursions are permitted between 15?C and 30?C (59?F and 86?F); do not refrigerate or freeze. Use nosepiece immediately after removing from pouch.
Solution: Store at 20?C to 25?C (68?F to 77?F); excursions are permitted between 15?C and 30?C (59?F and 86?F); do not refrigerate or freeze.
Spray: Store at 20?C to 25?C (68?F to 77?F); excursions are permitted between 15?C and 30?C (59?F and 86?F); do not refrigerate or freeze.
Oral: Tablet: Store at 20?C to 25?C (68?F to 77?F); excursions are permitted between 15?C and 30?C (59?F and 86?F); do not refrigerate or freeze.
Cardiovascular: Chest discomfort, chest pressure, chest tightness, flushing
Central nervous system: Burning sensation, dizziness, drowsiness, feeling hot, feeling of heaviness, headache, local discomfort (jaw or throat), numbness, paresthesia, sedated state, sensation of pressure, sensation of tightness, strange feeling, tight feeling in the head, tingling sensation, vertigo
Gastrointestinal: Nausea and vomiting
Local: Injection site reaction, warm sensation at injection site
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Asthenia, myalgia, neck pain, neck stiffness
Respiratory: Bronchospasm, nasal discomfort (nasal cavity), sinus discomfort
Central nervous system: Dizziness, localized burning, localized numbness, nasal cavity pain, paresthesia, vertigo
Gastrointestinal: Dysgeusia, nausea, unusual taste, vomiting
Local: Local irritation
Respiratory: Nasal discomfort, nasal signs and symptoms, rhinitis, rhinorrhea, sore nose, sinus discomfort
Cardiovascular: Chest pain, chest pressure, chest tightness, hot and cold flashes
Central nervous system: Fatigue, feeling of heaviness, heaviness of chest, malaise, pain, paresthesia, sensation of pressure, sensation of tightness, vertigo
Gastrointestinal: Sore throat
Local: Local pain
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Jaw pain, jaw pressure, jaw tightness, neck pain
Respiratory: Pharyngeal edema
Cardiovascular: Ischemia, Raynaud’s disease
Hematologic & oncologic: Splenic infarction