What is this drug used for?
– It is used to treat diarrhea.
– It is used to prevent brain problems caused by very bad liver disease.
– It is used to treat irritable bowel syndrome.
– It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
– Stuffy nose
– Sore throat
– Muscle spasm
– Joint pain
– Abdominal pain
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
– Swelling of arms or legs
– Abdominal edema
– Severe loss of strength and energy
– Shortness of breath
-?Clostridium difficile?(C. diff)-associated diarrhea like abdominal pain or cramps, severe diarrhea or watery stools, or bloody stools.
– Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Note:?This is not a comprehensive list of all side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have questions.
(rif AX i min)
Medication Safety Issues
RifAXIMin may be confused with rifAMPin
Storage and Stability
Store at 20?C to 25?C (68?F to 77?F); excursions permitted to 15?C to 30?C (59?F to 86?F).
Cardiovascular: Peripheral edema
Central nervous system: Depression, dizziness, fatigue, headache
Dermatological: Pruritus, skin rash
Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, nausea, pseudomembranous colitis
Hematologic & oncologic: Anemia
Hepatic: Ascites, increased serum ALT
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Arthralgia, increased creatine phosphokinase, muscle spasm
Respiratory: Dyspnea, epistaxis, nasopharyngitis
All indications:?Rare but important or life-threatening: Anaphylaxis,?Clostridium difficile?associated diarrhea, exfoliative dermatitis, hypersensitivity reaction
There are no reviews yet.