pi TA va sta tin
What is this drug used for?
– It is used to lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol (HDL).
– It is used to lower triglycerides.
– It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
Frequently reported side effects of this drug
– Back pain
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
– Unable to pass urine
– Change in amount of urine passed
– Muscle pain
– Muscle tenderness
– Muscle weakness
– Liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, lack of appetite, nausea, abdominal pain, light-colored stools, vomiting, or yellow skin or eyes.
– Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Medication Safety Issues
Pitavastatin may be confused with atorvaSTATin, fluvastatin, lovastatin, nystatin, pravastatin, rosuvastatin, simvastatin
Storage and Stability
Store at 15?C to 30?C (59?F to 86?F). Protect from light.
Central nervous system: Headache
Dermatologic: Pruritus, skin rash, urticaria
Endocrine & metabolic: Increased serum glucose
Gastrointestinal: Constipation, diarrhea
Hepatic: Increased serum alkaline phosphatase, increased serum bilirubin, increased serum transaminases
Hypersensitivity: Hypersensitivity reaction
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Arthralgia, back pain, increased creatine phosphokinase in blood specimen, myalgia
There are no reviews yet.