What is this drug used for?
– It is used to treat high blood pressure.
– It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
– Kidney problems like unable to pass urine, blood in urine, change in amount of urine passed, or weight gain.
– High potassium like abnormal heartbeat, confusion, dizziness, passing out, weakness, shortness of breath, numbness or tingling feeling.
– Severe dizziness
– Passing out
– Severe diarrhea
– Excessive weight loss
– Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Note:?This is not a comprehensive list of all side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have questions.
(ole me SAR tan)
Medication Safety Issues
Benicar may be confused with Mevacor
Generic Availability: US
Storage and Stability
Store at 20?C to 25?C (68?F to 77?F).
Central nervous system: Dizziness, headache
Endocrine & metabolic: Hyperglycemia, hypertriglyceridemia
Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea (may be severe and chronic)
Hematologic & oncologic: Decreased hematocrit, decreased hemoglobin
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Back pain, increased creatine phosphokinase
Respiratory: Bronchitis, flu-like symptoms, pharyngitis, rhinitis, sinusitis
Rare but important or life-threatening: Abdominal pain, acute renal failure, alopecia, anaphylaxis, angioedema, arthralgia, arthritis, asthenia, chest pain, dyspepsia, facial edema, gastroenteritis, hypercholesterolemia, hyperkalemia, hyperlipidemia, hyperuricemia, increased liver enzymes, increased serum bilirubin, increased serum creatinine, myalgia, nausea, peripheral edema, pruritus, rhabdomyolysis, skin rash, sprue-like symptoms, tachycardia, urticaria, vertigo, vomiting
There are no reviews yet.