Clindac- A Gel?
Clindamycin Phosphate is a topical antibiotic gel that is used in the treatment of acne vulgaris. It belongs to the class of lincomycin antibiotics.? It works by killing bacteria that causes acne and decreases the amount of free fatty acids that irritates the skin surface.
Zinc acetate is a natural mineral needed for the growth and development of the body tissues. This medicine is available on our website in a topical gel dosage form that must be applied only after the prescription of the doctor.
Understanding the ailment it is used for:
Clindamycin is a very good medicine prescribed for treating certain types of bacterial infections like:
- Acne vulgaris: is a condition in which there is an eruption of mild to severe pimples and cysts mostly on the face, back, arms and chest. It is also known as juvenile Acne. It is one of the most common condition observed in teenagers
- Other bacterial infection like vaginal infection (Vaginitis)
?Understanding the drug Clindamycin Phosphate:
How it works?
Clindamycin is an antibiotic that binds with the 50S ribosomal subunits of the bacteria and stops the translocation process. Topically, it reduces the free fatty acid concentration and suppresses the growth of anerobic bacteria responsible for acne i.e. Propionibacterium acnes found in sebaceous glands and follicles.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Clindamycin Phosphate ?if you:
- are?allergic?or sensitive to Clindamycin Phosphate
- are allergic to lincomycin
- you have antibiotic associated colitis
- are prone to allergies
- are suffering from ulcerative colitis
- have diarrhea
- you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- you are breast feeding
How much to apply?
This medicine is available in a topical dosage form. Always use the medicine as prescribed by the doctor. It is meant to be applied on the skin surface. In case of any confusion related to the drug dosage should be discussed with the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Clindamycin phosphate is available on our website in three preparations:
- Acensol Gel 1% (20 gm)
- Clindac -A 1% (20 gm)
- Erytop 1% Gel (20 gm)
Who is the manufacturer?
Acensol Gel is manufactured by a popular pharmaceutical giant, Systopic Laboratories Private limited. It is available on website in packs of 1, 3 and 6 tubes.
Clindac -A gel is manufactured by a well known pharmaceutical giant, Galderma. It is available on website in packs of 1, 3 and 6 tubes.
Erytop is manufactured by a big pharmaceutical giant, USV limited. It is available on website in the packs of 1, 3 and 6 tubes.
How to apply?
Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
- Wash your hands and face before applying the gel so as to make them clean and hygienic
- Dry the skin using a soft towel and apply a thin film over the affected area
- Gently rub it into the skin well
- Avoid applying it to the normal skin
- Wash your hands once you finish handling the medication
- Do not apply near the eyes, mouth, and other mucous membranes
- Do not use large amounts of this medication or apply it more often than directed
When to apply?
Apply Clindamycin gel at the same time every day as this will become a habit and is less forgotten by the patient. Take your doctor?s advice about the time of application if there is any confusion about the dosage time.
For how long it should be used?
Use this medicine as long as the doctor tells you to take. Do not skip the medicine unless you find any problems while having this medicine, in such case talk to the healthcare professional involved with your treatment procedure.
What if you apply too much (overdose)?
In case of overdose, talk to your doctor immediately.
What if you miss the dose?
In case you forget to use the medication, use it as soon as you remember, as long as it is at least 12 hours before your next dose. Do not double up the dose to catch up the missed dose.
What are the side effects?
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any unusual effects. One may or may not experience them. Following are the listed side effects of Clindamycin Phosphate:
- Skin peeling and redness
- Oily skin
- Skin rash or rashes
- Stomach pain
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Clindamycin Phosphate. Erythromycin and neuromuscular blockers are the reported drugs that may interact with Clindamycin Phosphate and can hinder its normal functioning.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor before using the drug in pregnancy
- Always complete the full treatment course
- Don?t get Clindamycin gel in your eyes or inside the mouth. If accidently it happens immediately rush to the nearest hospital
- Talk to your doctor before using any other medicines or cleansers on your skin
- The use of the gel is contraindicated in children younger than 12 years old
- Don?t use the expired drug
There are no reviews yet.