(kloe TRIM a zole)
What is this drug used for?
– It is used to treat fungal infections of the skin.
– This drug is used to treat vaginal yeast infections.
– It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
Other side effects of this drug: Talk with your doctor right away if you have any of these signs of:
– Application site irritation or edema
– Blisters or sores that ooze, drain, or crust over
– Foul-smelling vaginal discharge
– Abdominal pain
– Signs of a significant reaction like wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Medication Safety Issues
Clotrimazole may be confused with co-trimoxazole
Lotrimin may be confused with Lotrisone
Cloderm: Brand name for clotrimazole [Germany], but also brand name for alclomethasone [Indonesia]; clobetasol [China, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand]; clocortolone [US, Canada]
Canesten: Brand name for clotrimazole [multiple international markets] may be confused with Canesten Bifonazol Comp brand name for bifonazole/urea [Austria]; Canesten Extra brand name for bifonazole [China, Germany]; Canesten Extra Nagelset brand name for bifonazole/urea [Denmark]; Canesten Fluconazole brand name for fluconazole [New Zealand]; Canesten Oasis brand name for sodium citrate [Great Britain]; Canesten Once Daily brand name for bifonazole [Australia]; Canesten Oral brand name for fluconazole [United Kingdom]; Cenestin brand name for estrogens (conjugated A/synthetic) [US, Canada]
Storage and Stability
Recommendations vary by manufacturer. Some products are only recommended to be stored at controlled room temperature and others may be stored under refrigeration or at room temperature; refer to manufacturer’s labeling for product-specific storage recommendations.
Vaginal: Genitourinary: Vulvovaginal burning
Rare but important or life-threatening: Burning sensation of the penis (of sexual partner), polyuria, pruritus vulvae, vaginal discharge, vulvar pain, vulvar swelling
There are no reviews yet.