Description of the drug
Verapamil is the main active ingredient present in Calaptan 40 mg tablet, it is an oral drug used to lower blood pressure (hypertension), angina (chest pain) and certain heart rhythm problems.
Indications and Usage
Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker, it works by relaxing the muscles of the heart and the blood vessels that increases the supply of oxygen and blood to the heart. This is an immediate release tablet also use to treat chest pain and prevent irregular heartbeats
Dosage and Administration
– Recommended dose:
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor?s direction.
– Method of Administration:
Calaptin is available in the form of an immediate release tablet to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take once or twice daily before or after having a meal as prescribed by the doctor. When you buy Calaptin 40 mg online, make a note of the administration instructions mentioned here. Also, follow the directions given by your doctor.
– Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may make you collapsed and cause shortness of breath; it may also cause a severe headache, vomiting and many other allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Verapamilis available in the form of a tablet and injection in thefollowing strengths:
- Calaptin 40 mg
- Calaptin 80 mg
- Calaptin SR 240 mg
- Calaptin SR 120 mg
- Verapamil should not be used in patients hypersensitive to any component present in this formulation
- This drug should not be used if the patient is having severe left ventricular dysfunction
- This drug is contraindicated in patients having sick sinus syndrome
- This drug should not be given if the patient is having hypotension or low blood pressure.
- This drug is contraindicated with patient having second or third degree atrioventricular block (is a type of heart block in which the condition between the artia and ventricles of the heart is impaired)
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Verapamil cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Calaptin 40 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- If the patient is dehydrated or having a low blood volume, then this drug is not suitable therefore, it is advised to consult your regarding the same before taking this drug
- Do not drive or use any machinery because using these Tablets may have a minor or moderate effect on your ability to drive and using of machines. They may cause dizziness, so avoid driving and use of machines, while taking this drug.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
- Stuffy nose
- Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious :-
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
- Fast, slow and irregular heart beat
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Pain in the upper right part of the stomach
- Flu like symptoms
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
- Drug Interactions
- These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Verapamil:
- Alfa blockers such as prazosin
- Antifungals such as itraconazole and ketoconazole
- Beta blockers such as atenolol, metoprolol, nadolol, propranolol and timolol
- Carbamazepine such as Tegretol
- Cimetidine such as Tagamet
- Clarithromycin such as Biaxin, Prevpac
- Cyclosporine such as Neoral, Sandimmune
- Digoxin such as Lanoxin, Lanoxicaps
- Disopyramide such as Norpace
- Erythromycin such as E-Mycin and Erythrocin
- Flecainide such as Tambocor
- Certain HIV protease inhibitors such as indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), and ritonavir (Norvir, Kaletra)
- Quinidine such as Quinaglute, Quinidex
- Lithium such as Eskalith, Lithobid
- Medications to treat high blood pressure
- Nefazodone such as Dutonin
- Rifampin Rifadin, Rimactane
- Telithromycin like Ketek
- Theophylline like Theolair, Uniphyl
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with Verapamil and lead to harmful effects, avoid using this or consult with your doctor regarding using this product with this drug.
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Verapamil.
Calaptin comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Verapamil, which is a calcium channel blocker used to treat hypertension (lowering of blood pressure) it works by relaxing the muscles of the heart so that the heart does not have to work hard and allow blood and oxygen to flow more easily to the heart, it may also lower the heart rate.
Verapamil should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
There are no reviews yet.