Artemether and Lumefantrine Information
ar TEM e ther & loo me FAN treen
What is this drug used for?
– It is used to treat malaria.
Possible side effects
Artemether and Lumefantrine may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
– Fever or chills.
– Upset stomach or throwing up.
– Belly pain.
– Not hungry.
– Feeling tired or weak.
– Muscle or joint pain.
– Not able to sleep.
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately or get emergency medical treatment:
– Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
– Very bad dizziness.
– Feeling very tired or weak.
– A type of abnormal heartbeat (prolonged QT interval) can happen with this drug. Call your doctor right away if you have a fast heartbeat, a heartbeat that does not feel normal, or if you pass out.
Storage and Stability
Store at 25?C (77?F); excursions permitted to 15?C to 30?C (59?F to 86?F).
Cardiovascular: Palpitation (adults)
Central nervous system: Chills (more common in adults), dizziness (more common in adults), fatigue (more common in adults), fever, headache (more common in adults), insomnia (adults), malaise (adults), sleep disorder (adults), vertigo (adults)
Dermatologic: Pruritus (adults), skin rash
Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, anorexia (more common in adults), diarrhea, nausea (more common in adults), vomiting
Hematologic & oncologic: Anemia
Hepatic: Hepatomegaly, increased serum AST
Infection: Malaria, plasmodium falciparum (exacerbation: children)
Neuromuscular & skeletal: Arthralgia (more common in adults), myalgia (more common in adults), weakness (more common in adults)
Respiratory: Cough (more common in children), nasopharyngitis, rhinitis
There are no reviews yet.